Thursday, September 29, 2005

Migrate Blog From Bloglines & Repost First Post

I am migrating my blog from Bloglines (http://www.bloglines.com/blog/mapz) to Blogspot (http://mapzlibrarian.blogspot.com/). I can not find an easy way to import the XML from Bloglines, so this blog will just continue here.

Why am I migrating? Comments. Even though I might not have a large audience, I want to at least gve anyone the capability to leave a comment. Bloglines does not allow comments.

The one posting that I will duplicate here is my first post, posted on: Thu, Jun 23 2005 10:37 AM.


First Post

By mapz

OK, this is my first real post.

About me:
My name is Joshua Been and I work as the GIS Librarian at the University of Texas at Arlington. GIS Services in the UTA Libraries are within the Information Literacy program area and I supervise 1 half-time GRA and 1 part-time work study student. There are many aspects to our responsibilities. We provide technical support primarily for ESRI ArcINFO and ERDAS Imagine. We have an annual budget to collect proprietary spatial data products. We are developing a metadata catalog using .NET. (This is almost complete and can be previewed.) We provide access to interactive browser-accessible maps using ArcIMS for courses that can benefit from spatial data and analysis, but do not have the necessary GIS skills. This project is called Spatial Reserves and a paper presented at the 2004 ESRI Education Users Conference can be viewed here. This summer (2005) we are installing Oracle 10g and ArcSDE on our dedicated GIS server as another means to provide access to locally housed data and metadata.

About this blog:
Well, I want a venue to discuss my ideas concerning GIS and librarianship. I want to post cool job opportunities that I find. I also want to dicsuss problems and solutions that I encounter working with the students and faculty here at UTA. I have open office hours for 15 hours every week where students and faculty can walk in with no appointment to receive assistance with GIS, data acquisition, or analysis. Often times, though less often during the summer, there is a line of people waiting for assistance.

With that said, I will stop writing right now.

6 comments:

Girish Gangadharan said...

Excellent! Welcome to blogger, my friend. Hope you enjoy your stay and hope you will stay here forever with us.

;)

Anonymous said...

Uh, where's your RSS feed?

mapz said...

Hey, thanks for asking...

Just add /atom.xml to any blogspot blog to generate the feed. The feed link is http://mapzlibrarian.blogspot.com/atom.xml.

I will add a link on the main page.

ghkj said...

welcome to the wow power leveling, cheap service site, buy cheap wow gold,wow gold,world of warcraft power leveling buy wow power leveling

Xiaozhengm 520 said...

coach outlet
adidas originals shoes
supra for sale
cheap jordans
toms wedges
louis vuitton purses
tods outlet online
michael kors uk
kate spade handbags
tory burch shoes
timberland outlet
tory burch outlet online
true religion jeans
christian louboutin sale
fitflop shoes
cheap nfl jerseys
coach outlet
nike store outlet
cartier watches
michael kors outlet
oakley outlet
christian louboutin sale
timberland outlet
marc jacobs handbags
true religion outlet online
kobe 9
louis vuitton
adidas originals
michael kors outlet
montblanc pens
michael kors outlet clearance
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet clearance
coach factory outlet online
cheap toms
coach outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
cheap ray ban sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
gucci outlet
2016.5.27huangqin

xjd7410@gmail.com said...

burberry handbags
pandora jewelry
oakley sunglasses
coach factory outlet
lebron james shoes
polo ralph lauren outlet
polo ralph lauren
coach outlet
cheap jordan shoes
coach factory outlet
lebron james shoes 13
coach outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
ghd flat iron
christian louboutin outlet
louis vuitton handbags
retro jordans
coach factory outlet
michael kors handbags
cheap oakley sunglasses
coach factory outlet
nike roshe flyknit
insanity workout
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton
michael kors handbags
kevin durant shoes 8
vans shoes outlet
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet
pandora jewelry
oakley sunglasses
jeremy scott shoes
coach outlet
toms outlet
rolex watches
adidas shoes
nike outlet
nike nfl jerseys
michael kors outlet
2016.7.27haungqin