- For whatever reason the form text specifying the three procedure steps (that alternated while processing to inform the user which step was currently operating) were not appearing in ArcGIS 9.2. This resulted in the appearance that nothing was happening.
- The fix was to add a Me.Repaint command each time the caption of the label is changed. My understanding was that VBA should handle this automatically, but obviously it was not the case here. This creates a bit of unnecessary overhead as the entire form and its contents need to be redrawn jsut to change the label status.
- There is a string length limitation when passing text strings as parameters to a Python script. The first Python script is called by the VBA using the following command: gp.ArcMap2GMap apiKey, tbxName.Text, tbxTitle.Text, layerInfo. The layerInfo string (last parameter) contains the names of all included layers, as well as all user specified options, including color, thickness, messagebox text, etc. I do not know exactly what the length limitation is, but if too many layers are selected this string is truncated and of course errors ensue.
- This was brought to my attention by a user needing to create a p0age with 27 layers.
- The fix was to have the VBA write the layerInfo contents to a text file and then after the Python script is invoked, read the contents from the text file.